So, the rules are as follows upon accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
Miss Camille at A Go-with-the-Flow Mama's Blog gave me the award. She is a stay-at-home mom just like me and she is very funny. Not to mention, she has an adorable little girl. Due to her acceptance post, I recently discovered that she is also an Amazon woman who has recently shrunk an inch.
Thanks, Camille - I know these little awards don't mean anything to anybody but us bloggers, but I really appreciate you thinking of me!
2. Share seven things about yourself.
I know you are all so anxious to know more useless facts about me. So, here are seven:
1. I graduated from college with Eli Manning. Well, we graduated from the same college (Ole Miss) on the same day, but he walked in the Grove with the Business School and I walked in the Coliseum with the Liberal Arts School. Since he's a big shot NFL Quarterback now, it's a pretty big deal.
|Super Bowl winning NY Giants QB Eli Manning|
2. In college I briefly sang with a band.
3. I took belly-dancing lessons once and can still do all the moves, including the belly roll. My kids thoroughly enjoy the belly roll, especially since I have 2 bellies to roll.
4. Once upon a time I was banished from a castle by my evil stepmother and forced to live with 7 dudes. True story.
5. Somewhere out in the world I have a sister that I've never met. My dad left a lady who was pregnant with his baby at the alter before he met my mom.
6. Puppy breath is my most favorite smell in the entire world. If someone made puppy breath perfume, I would be all over that. Unless it was Paris Hilton. Then I would burn it. All of it I could find.
|My giant Boxer, when she was a puppy|
7. A huge annoyance of mine is to hear moms say that their children are their best friends. I've got a few examples of what happens when your mom wants to be your friend. One of them is Lindsay Lohan, you should google her mom Dina if you're a 'best friend' kind of mom (not that Lindsay's issues are entirely Dina's fault - she had a whopper of a dad too).
And since number 4 was not true, here's the real one:
4. At 200 pounds I can still do the splits, a hand stand, a back bend and a front walkover (the front walkover happens when I do the hand stand and cannot stay up so my legs flip over into a back bend - amazingly after 3 C-sections I am able clench my non-existent abs enough to pull myself up). Awethome is my middle name. But Ankle-Injury is my maiden name so maybe I should stop doing that crap.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.
Since I've only been doing this since the first of the year, every blog I find is 'recent'. Most of these folks have been blogging WAY longer than I have, and their blogs are WAY more awesome than mine, and they probably won't accept. But....here we go (in no particular order, and I'm certain I've forgotten someone I really, really like).
Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva (I LURVE her)
Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom (she's my kind of crunchy!)
Insane in the Mom Brain (if you don't love her, then you are insane, my friend)
N.E.O. Moms (not easily offended, which is something that I am as well, so they are totally cool)
The Meanest Mom (one of the blogs that got me blogging)
Because I Said So (single mom, 6 kids....I don't understand how she's not crazy, but she's totally hilarious)
Give me a Valium with my Latte (one of my most favorite FB fan pages)
Little White Lion (too damn funny, you'll laugh your ass off)
Home C.E.O. (a true recent discovery)
The Brazen Apron (pee your pants funny)
Multiple Mayhem Mamma (someone else who enjoys making up silly poems)
Moms Who Drink and Swear (seriously, my IDOL)
Kicking People in the Taco (because that's probably my favorite thing to say)
Mom in Rome (new mom, living in ROME, and I don't mean Georgia)
The Blogess (she used the word douche-canoe in a blog post, do I need to say more?)
So go check each and every one of them out, you will not be disappointed.